jueves, 2 de septiembre de 2010

Peruvian Dog



This is a picture of a Peruvian breed of dog, which I think is one of the ugliest things I have ever seen, so it gets its own blog entry! It is skinny, hairless and leathery, with what looks like a blonde wig on its head. They don't really run around the streets here, but when I have been to visit different archeological sites there are always a couple lounging around. When we first saw one, we didn't know what it was... 



This dog has been around since before the Incas. Apparently, it has a higher than normal (for a dog) body temperature, and it used to be used to treat illnesses in Incan times. If somebody had breathing problems, such as asthma, they would sit the dog on the person's chest, and their warmth would help ease the problems! So beauty isn't everything... Although for a pet I think I would prefer a labrador!

1 comentario:

  1. Now that is my kind of dog! Compellingly ugly! Punky Looking! Obviously not wearing any body piercings that day!
    Hope you are doing ok ?
    How was your Birthday?
    Keep the blogspot going.

    ResponderEliminar