miércoles, 15 de septiembre de 2010

Mancora Beach




Eight hours north of Trujillo is Mancora beach, about three hours away from the border with Ecuador. Nearer the equator, it is a lot warmer and so we went there for the weekend. After feeling cold for the past four weeks it was a luxury, and I will be heading back there as soon as I can! I forgot my camera batteries, and another girl's camera was stolen, so we don't have as many photos as we would like, but here are a few from the weekend...





After the work in the schools, and the weather in Trujillo, Mancora felt like a different country. We stayed in a hostel, which was full of other travelers, all there for sun and surfing. It felt strange to be there at first, but it was a good break, and great to meet so many people. We were a rarity as we spoke Spanish, and the difference in the number of tourists there and here was obvious by how many people speak English!

Katrina and I on the balcony of our room at the hostel.

Volleyball at the hostel.



Relaxing in hammocks before going for dinner!  


Alexandra, the newest volunteer and me on the balcony.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario