martes, 7 de septiembre de 2010

Huanchaco


These are a few photos of the fishing village next to Trujillo: Huanchaco. It is a lot prettier, and a lot more touristy than where we are, you will without doubt spot a gringo or two walking along the sand or surfing. I can imagine in the summertime that it gets over run.

It takes about twenty minutes in a taxi to get there, once you have actually found a taxi to take you for a reasonable price - there are so many taxis here that if the price is too high and he (they are all male drivers) won't lower it, the done thing is to slap the car and walk off and find another one. This can sometimes take a while! The other option is to take a "bus" which is in fact a combi van- I have done this twice, and the experiences, a long with all the bus rides here in Peru, deserve a blog entry on their own! 


The boats in the pictures - caballitos de tortoros -belong to the local fishermen who take them out every morning. In the afternoons, they will happily take out anyone who asks for ten soles... I have seen a few people balanced precariously on the edge, getting soaked by the waves, so in these temperatures I haven't been tempted!

The boys here head to Huanchaco to surf, but as this doesn't tempt me (I have already mentioned the cold!) it is just nice to walk around, get coffee and of course, eat ceviche! There are also a lot more shops  designed for tourists. On Sunday I went on what felt like a shopping spree... but when I stopped to count up how much I had spent it amounted to twenty pounds! I could get used to this...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario